Metaldyne has been the world leader in isolation pulleys since it designed and produced the first part over 30 years ago. Today, Metaldyne offers complete development, testing, and production of a uniquely designed, compact, and low cost isolation pulley. Adding a decoupling feature to the standard damper, the accessory drive is isolated from the crankshaft, reducing the cyclic speed variation in the low speed range at any engine load by up to 70%. This translates into longer accessory life and less noise. Metaldyne produces over 11,700 isolation pulleys every day between its Lyon, France, Barcelona, Spain, and Litchfield, Michigan operations.
- Reduces cyclic speed variation in the low speed range at any engine load by up to 70%
- Higher durability of front face and alternator
- Less noise in the low speed range at any engine load
- Available for diesel and petrol engines
- Fully tested prototypes available for engine validation by the customer
Metaldyne also offers testing and repair services for large viscous dampers used in heavy duty non-automotive applications.
Click here for more information on our Viscous Damper Special Products division.