Safety and Health Policy
Safety and health is an integral part of Metaldyne’s business process. Metaldyne leadership is committed to providing its employees with a safe and healthy workplace. It is Metaldyne’s core belief that all incidents are preventable through awareness and training. The continuing support and implementation of this belief is the responsibility of everyone at Metaldyne through a commitment to:
- Making health & safety part of business and management decisions
- Employee communication, training and teamwork
- Adhering to applicable laws & regulations
- Taking responsibility for performing work in accordance with safe standards and practices.
- Continually improving our health & safety systems
- Striving towards best management practices and a zero accident culture.
It is Metaldyne’s policy to operate its facilities and processes in an environmentally responsible manner. We are committed to an environmental management system, in which we seek to continually improve our processes and materials in order to reduce environmental impacts associated with our work and subscribes to the following core principles:
- Comply with international, federal, state and municipal laws and requirements.
- Design, manufacture and distribute products in an environmentally sound manner.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our management systems in order to achieve our environmental objectives and the prevention of pollution.
- Communicate our policy to employees and, as appropriate, make available to the public.
Metaldyne business conduct is grounded upon the basic standards of excellence, honesty, and integrity.
- Metaldyne is committed to acting in accordance with the highest standards of legal and ethical conduct.
- We believe that a commitment to honesty and integrity is a valuable asset that builds trust with our employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and other stakeholders in the communities in which we operate.
- It is imperative that we deal fairly, openly, and honestly with each other, insuring an individual’s opportunities within Metaldyne are based upon demonstrated ability and performance and not upon factors which Metaldyne’s reputation for ethical business practices was achieved and is maintained through the efforts of its employees, who aid in the prevention, detection, and reporting of conduct that violates pertinent legal or ethical standards.
Metaldyne embraces diversity and we are committed to maintaining a work environment that, in all locations, inspires each employee to contribute and develop to the fullest. All employees are treated with dignity and respect and are empowered regardless of differences in gender, age, ethnic background, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, physical ability, individual opinions or other differences. Metaldyne provides the ability to create a global working culture where different views give rise to new and better ideas that continuously improve our business. The foundation of our commitment to diversity is built upon inclusion, respect, acceptance and learning. We support this belief through worldwide events, training and communications.