Variable valve timing systems have redefined the requirements of a timing system component supplier. Metaldyne variable valve timing components, such as camshaft sprockets, rotors, and housings, combine the traditional benefits of powder metal forming and material flexibility with high precision machining and assembly.
Metaldyne variable valve timing components feature:
- Near-net-shape forming facilitates design optimization for weight, balance, and raw material utilization
- Sinterbrazed assembly for unique applications
- Bi-metallic design for strength, machinability, and cost optimization
- Fabrication of complex geometries not otherwise possible
- Lean manufacturing to reduce WIP, maximize efficiency, and build quality into the process
- Poke-yoke for machining and assembly features
- In-line gaging with auto-compensation on critical machining features.